This reference tool is a one-source guide for both hospital outpatient departments (HOPD) and free-standing ambulatory surgical centers (ASC) billing outpatient claims. Outpatient Billing Expert provides detailed references with payment information and guidance to improve reimbursement and reduce claim denials. This all-in-one resource also provides APC and ASC groups, reimbursement amounts, coverage issues, and information on what is not covered.
Key Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage of both ASC and APC payment systems. Establish the right payment and audit reimbursement processes for your facility.
- Includes the most recent code sets and information from CMS and other industry sources. Keep all billing current and accurate using up-to-date rates and groups for the APC and ASC payment systems.
- Contains information used on a daily basis by HOPD and ASC facilities. Resolve billing and denial issues, and establish payment and audit reimbursement processes.
- Easily determine fees and payments prior to submitting your claim. Includes fees, formulas, and tables to determine appropriate APC or ASC reimbursement.
- Non-OPPS payment fee schedule. Provides the name of the fee schedule that applies to nonOPPS payments.
- Quarterly print updates. Stay current with regulatory changes specific to your facility.
- Easy-to-use format organized by tabs. Easily locate the billing information needed to speed the submission of claims.