The 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for SNF, IRF and Inpatient Hospice with our hallmark features and content has been designed specifically to address diagnosis coding challenges for postacute care services. The Optum360 ICD-10-CM code book contains the complete HIPAA mandated ICD-10-CM code set along with our coding and reimbursement alerts for these specialized services including color-coding and symbols identifying diagnoses for RUG IV, IRF RIC, hospice non-cancer conditions and non-routine supplies. In addition, this coding resource contains supplementary appendixes with information on prospective payment systems for SNF, IRF and hospice services; Medicare coverage; quality initiatives; and guidelines and coding examples specific to long term care.
Features and benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Illustrations and definitions in the tabular.Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Our hallmark color-coding and symbols identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, Medicare Code Edits, and SNF, IRF and hospice specific symbols including RUG IV codes, IRF rehabilitation impairment categories (RICs), non-cancer hospice diagnoses, and non-routine supply diagnoses.
• Optum360 Edge — Coding guideline explanations and examples. Explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
• Optum360 Edge — Muscle/tendon translation table. Use this table to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other) which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
• Optum360 Edge — Placeholder X. This icon, designed and used exclusively by Optum360, alerts the coder to a new ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4, and 5 character codes requiring a 7th character extension.
• Optum360 Edge — Case Mix Quick Pick Cards. These handy 8x11 laminated cards identify RUG IV categories and diagnoses, RIC categories and diagnoses, and non-cancer hospice diagnoses.