The 30th edition of Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians’ Guide provides the much-needed updated information on the new 2021 Medicare Physician Payment Schedule, payment rules, conversion factor, CPT and HCPCS RVUs, and GPCIs that affect the physician practice. This book is a must-have tool for physician practices because it offers invaluable insight and information needed to understand Medicare’s resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) payment system, and to help physician practices establish physician charges and to calculate Medicare payments.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Critical insight into the RBRVS system — detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes.
• Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules, and the conversion factor — covers new payment rules that take effect in 2021.
• Updated RVUs for 2021 CPT® codes including every RVU element — Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance.
• List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS–coded procedures and services — calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values
• List of RVUs for anesthesiology services.
• List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs) for each for each Medicare payment locality — Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance.