ICD Expert for Post-acute Care with our hallmark features and content is designed specifically to address the challenges faced by home health, hospice, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services using ICD-10-CM and PCS coding and reimbursement systems.
This valuable online solution delivers every description, guideline, and instruction in Expert code books, but in a more convenient format and just as affordable. Updated monthly, ensuring code descriptions and clinical information are always current, and helping you comply with HIPAA. Use as a complement or replacement for your coding book.
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum360 Edge—Optum360 Library. Supplemental content has been added that address home health and hospice reimbursement and coverage issues including: – Overview of Home Health Prospective Payment System – Qualifications for Medicare Coverage of Home Health – Oasis Diagnosis Guidance – Case-mix Variables and Scores – Clinical Dimension Case-mix Groups – NRS Case-mix Adjustment Variables and Scores – Diagnosis Categories for NRS Case-mix Adjustments – Valid Diagnosis/Etiology Pairings – Hospice Criteria for Medicare Coverage of Non-cancer Hospice Care – Hospice Guidance and Quality Reporting Guidance – Optum360 FastFinder ™ for Home Health
• Optum360 Edge—Color-coding and symbols specific to the home health PPS edits. Quickly identify coding and reimbursement issues specific to home health for improved coding accuracy and work efficiency.
• Optum360 Edge—Color-coding for hospice non-cancer diagnosis codes. Know at a glance which diagnosis codes qualify a non-cancer patient for hospice care.
• Notations for diagnoses that group to clinical dimension. Expedite identification of diagnoses that groups a patient to expanded clinical dimensions case mix groups to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
• Non-Routine Supply (NRS) diagnosis alert. Every condition that may qualify to receive non-routine supply reimbursement adjustment is identified.
• Manifestation code alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and by knowing alerts to sequencing rules.