ICD Expert for Hospitals provides on-demand access to all the ICD–9-CM Volume 1 and ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes as well as ICD-9-CM Volume 3 and ICD-10-PCS procedure codes. Informative colorcodes, specificity edits and tables, and indexes specific to facilities enable you to code confidently throughout the year. This valuable online solution delivers every description, guideline, and instruction in the Expert code book but in a convenient format that is just as affordable. Plus, it’s updated monthly to provide you the finest HIPAA-compliant information available. Use as a complement or replacement for your coding book.
Features and benefits
- Faster, easier searches of ICD-10-CM/ICD-9-CM and -PCS diagnosis and procedure codes.Locate the code you need with a term search, or scroll through the index to access sections from the code book.
- Immediate guidance from user-friendly AMA, Optum, and Medicare color-coded edits, guidelines, and instructions.Avoid thumbing through multiple code books searching for information.
- Always current code descriptions and clinical information.Code more confidently knowing that you are accessing up-to-date extensive appendixes, commonly miscoded procedures, Medicare requirements, and glossaries.
- Anatomical illustrations.Large displays of anatomical illustrations on your screen help you better understand procedures and anatomy so you can select the best possible codes.
- ICD-10-CM.Includes ICD-9-CM v1 and v2 codes mapped to ICD-10-CM codes using the GEM (General Equivalency Mappings) and proprietary Optum MapSelects content. Also includes Optum Tabular (ICD10-CM book) Content and Optum mapping logic.
- ICD-10-PCS.Now includes ICD-10-PCS mapping to ICD9 v3 codes (both GEM and proprietary Optum MapSelects) as well as ICD-10-PCS index and code builder feature
ICD Expert for Hospitals