The ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice, with Early Delivery, uses our hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. The codebook contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set and the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts for home health and hospice, including color bars and symbols that identify diagnosis codes for case mix and non-cancer hospice diagnoses. It also includes coding tips and definitions specific to home health and hospice.
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2020. The timing of the CMS release of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting might not allow for early delivery. Therefore, this early delivery version might contain the 2020 guidelines. A booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 will be shipped separately if the 2021 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press.
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional information covering home health and hospice prospective payment systems, quality initiatives, supplies OASIS, and case mix groups.
• Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapterspecific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.