ICD-10 Essentials: Operation PCS isa companion resource for ICD-10-PCS that provides in-depth explanations of everything from the basic format and structure of the ICD-10-PCS code set to use of the supplemental appendixes to code assignment based on appropriate application of the coding guidelines. Using coding examples and case studies, correct code assignment is explained with an emphasis on application of the coding and reporting guidelines.The new edition now contains operative reports with coding and rationale along withcoding examples and case studiesdesigned to clearly illustrate coding concepts and reinforce understanding from the most basic coding questions to the most complex.
Key Features and Benefits
• New —Optum360 Edge —Operative reports. The current edition combines content from Coding from the Operative Reportand Operation PCS into a single comprehensive resource.
• Optum360 Edge —Hundredsof coding examples/case studies.Operation PCS provides multiple case studiesillustrating application of each ICD-10-PCS guideline.
• Optum360 Edge —Coding rationale. Coding examples and case studies:
o Provide rationale for each ICD-10-PCS code assigned
o Explain the root operation(s) performed
o Compare and contrast similar root operations and identify the correct root operation based on root operation definitions
o Identify and explain all applicable coding and reporting guidelines
• Optum360 Edge —Designed for all levels of expertise. Coding examples and case studies tackle coding concepts ranging from basic to advanced.
• Optum360 Edge — Illustrations. Both anatomical and procedural illustrations are provided to further enhance understanding.
• Optum360 Edge – Comprehensive index. Quickly identify all relevant coding examples and case studies contained in Operation PCSwhen researching correct coding of specific procedures and correct application of coding guidelines.