ICD-10 Essentials: Applying ICD-10-PCS Guidelines is a companion resource for ICD-10-PCS that provides in-depth explanations of everything from the basic format and structure of the ICD-10-PCS code set to use of the supplemental appendixes to code assignment based on appropriate application of the coding guidelines. Using coding examples and case studies, correct code assignment is explained with an emphasis on application of the coding and reporting guidelines. The resource provides coding rationale along with coding examples and case studies designed to clearly illustrate coding concepts and reinforce understanding from basic coding questions to the most complex.
Key Features and Benefits.
• Optum360 Edge — Hundreds of coding examples/case studies. Operation PCS provides multiple case studies illustrating application of each ICD-10-PCS guideline.
• Optum360 Edge — Coding rationale. Coding examples and case studies: o Provide rationale for each ICD-10-PCS code assigned o Explain the root operation(s) performed o Compare and contrast similar root operations and identify the correct root operation based on root operation definitions o Identify and explain all applicable coding and reporting guidelines
• Optum360 Edge — Designed for all levels of expertise. Coding examples and case studies tackle coding concepts ranging from basic to advanced.
• Optum360 Edge — Illustrations. Both anatomical and procedural illustrations are provided to further enhance understanding.
• Citations to AHA Coding Clinic Articles- Use these references to locate the year, quarter and page of the reference in your AHA Coding Clinic.