The ICD-10-CM Professional for Physicians – Early Delivery our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of physicians, the Optum360 codebook contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set which is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement. Symbols in the tabular section identify codes associated with CMS quality payment program (QPP) measures and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used in risk adjustment (RA) coding.
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2020. This early delivery version might contain the 2020 guidelines provided the timing of CMS release of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting allows for it. If the 2020 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press, a booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2020 will be shipped separately.
Key Features and Benefits
• NEW — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, with more new coding tips added to assist you in appropriate code selection.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP and unspecified codes
• Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More clinical definitions are added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples - Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapterspecific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.