The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals, with Early Delivery, uses our hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and longterm care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2020. The timing of the CMS release of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting might not allow for early delivery. Therefore, this early delivery version might contain the 2020 guidelines. A booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 will be shipped separately if the 2021 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press.
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
• Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including chapterspecific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.