The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals with our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. This edition contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major CC (MCC), and principal diagnoses (PDx) that function as their own CC/MCC. Also identified are CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) and Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC).
Delivery Option 1: Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2018. A booklet containing the Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines for 2019 will be shipped separately if the guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press.
Key Features and Benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Specific coding tips for acute care hospitals.
- New — Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More diagnostic terms are defined.
- New — Optum360 Edge —Complete list of code changes. All 2019 new, revised, and deleted codes listed in the front of the book.
- Optum360 Edge — Two delivery options. Delivery option 1 – guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2018. Updated 2019 guidelines will be provided in a guideline booklet that will be shipped separately. Delivery option 2 – guidelines bound in the book. Books may arrive after October 1, but are guaranteed to contain the complete updated 2019 code set along with updated 2019 guidelines.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, MCEs, CCs, MCCs, principal diagnosis functioning as its own CC/MCC, CC/MCC exclusions, HACs, HCCs and manifestation codes.
ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals