The ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals, with early delivery, with our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) and CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC).
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2020. This early delivery version might contain the 2020 guidelines provided the timing of CMS release of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting allows for it. If the 2020 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press, a booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2020 will be shipped separately.
Key Features and Benefits
• NEW — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, with more new coding tips added to assist you in appropriate code selection.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, MCEs, CC, MCC, HAC, HCC, severe wound diagnosis for LTCH and more.
• Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More clinical definitions are added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapterspecific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Downloadable files. CC Excludes PDx collection, POA exempt codes.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial; code lists for CC, MCC, as well as appendixes related to LTCH and more.