The 2021 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals with Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and longterm care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Delivery might be delayed beyond the October 1, 2020 effective date. Delivery is dependent on when the updated Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 are released from CMS.
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
• Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide an understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapterspecific coding examples.
• Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial; code lists for CC, MCC, and other valuable appendixes.