The 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice with our hallmark features and content is designed specifically to address the diagnosis coding challenges faced by home health agencies and outpatient hospice. Use the code book that contains the complete ICD-10- CM code set, current coding and reporting guidelines, and the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon including color bars and icons that identify diagnosis codes specific to clinical dimensions, non-routine supplies and non-cancer hospice diagnoses. In addition, supplementary appendixes provide information on prospective payment systems for home health and hospice services, quality initiatives, OASIS-C1, and case mix groups and adjustments.
Features and benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Illustrations and definitions in the tabular. Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format.This edition includes all Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, Medicare Code Edits, and home health and hospice specific symbols.
• Optum360 Edge — Coding guideline explanations and examples. Explanations and examples for the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines are located at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
• Optum360 Edge — Muscle/tendon translation table. Use this table to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other) which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons.
• Optum360 Edge — Placeholder X. This icon, designed and used exclusively by Optum360, alerts the coder to a key ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4, and 5 character codes requiring a 7th character extension.
• Optum360 Edge — Case Mix Quick Pick Cards. These handy 8.5 X 11 inch laminated cards identify clinical dimension diagnoses, non-routine supply diagnoses, and non-cancer hospice diagnoses.
Home Health and Hospice Draft