EncoderPro.com for Payers provides online access to comprehensive code validation software for fast search capability. Designed specifically for payer organizations, users can search for CPT® procedures, HCPCS Level II supplies and services, and both ICD-9-CM diagnosis and procedures codes and ICD-10-CM and PCS codes based on descriptions on the provider and hospital claim forms. Plus, with EncoderPro.com for Payers, users can correctly identify the services in question for outpatient and inpatient hospital services, invasive procedures, CT, MRI, and PET scans.
Key Features and Benefits
- Optum360 CodeLogicTM search engine. Find and validate CPT®, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM, and
ICD-10-CM and PCS codes using lay terms, acronyms, abbreviations, and even misspelled words found on outpatient and inpatient UB-04s and providers’ CMS-1500 claim forms.
- ICD-10-CM and PCS.Includes mapping content from ICD-9-CM volumes 1 and 3 codes to
ICD10-CM and PCS codes (as well as backward mapping) using the GEM (General Equivalency Mappings) and Optum’s MapSelect clinical mapping content. Also includes ICD-10-CM and PCS searching and Optum tabular (ICD10-CM and PCS books) content.
- Enhanced compliance editor (with OptumClaimsManager rules). Check claim compliance for selected codes through an automated edit review to ensure proper unbundling, correct modifiers, complete diagnoses, and more prior to submittal to a clearinghouse/vendor/payer. Includes access to a 24-month historical content database for use during claim adjudication. Over 130 coding rules are reviewed.
- Featured Coders’ Desk Reference lay descriptions. Clearly understand CPT®, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM and PCS codes using Coders’ Desk Reference lay descriptions—a one-stop resource, providing lay descriptions for surgical, laboratory/pathology, radiology, and medicine codes, eliminating the need for multiple resources and increasing productivity.
- Color-coded edits. Determine charges allowed by Medicare for capitation, fee-for-service, outpatient and inpatient hospital services, and provider payments. Know cost and reimbursement amounts by understanding whether a code carries an age or sex edit, is covered by Medicare, or contains bundled services.
- Local coverage determinations (LCDs) and Medicare’s Internet Only Manuals access. Check procedures for Medicare coverage instructions and medical necessity edits across all CMS MACs. Understand which ICD-10-CM/procedure combinations define medical necessity and what the documentation guidelines are for successful claim submission. Gain insight into procedures and services that carry little or discretionary coverage and how to report them.
- Medicare secondary payer coordination of benefits. Access the entire MSP manual and understand assigning responsibility for first and second payer.
- Store your most frequently used codes for easy access and export your codes to Windows programs.
ICD Expert for Hospitals