The DRG Expert has been a trusted and comprehensive reference to the DRG classification system for more than 25 years. Organized by major diagnostic category (MDC), the convenient and innovative book layout follows the logical MS-DRG decision process. This is a must-have reference for those who need to verify DRG information and accurately assign MS-DRGs concurrently or retrospectively based on ICD-10- CM methodology, which goes into effect October 1, 2017.
Features and benefits
- Optum360 Edge—Visual indicators notify you of special alerts.Easily identify CC and MCC restrictions, special payment status, transfer DRG status, surgical/medical partitioning, and other requirements.
- Optum360 Edge—Medicare CMS rate structure.Updated to provide current relative weight (RW), geometric mean length-of-stay (GMLOS), and arithmetic mean length-of-stay (AMLOS) for each MS-DRG under IPPS.
- Optum360 Edge—MS-DRG structure.Every diagnosis and procedure code that defines each DRG is listed.
- Optum360 Edge—LTC-DRG crosswalk and current rate structure.Know what the RW and length-of-stay data are for each MS-DRG under the LTCH prospective payment system.
- Optum360 Edge—MDC diagnosis list.Complete list of mutually exclusive diagnoses defining each MDC.
- Optum360 Edge—Transfer DRG symbol.Indicates a DRG selected as a qualified discharge that may be paid at the per diem rate.
- Optum360 Edge—Average national payment.Listed for every MS-DRG as a quick benchmark comparison.
- Easily locate the correct DRG.Use the numeric or alphabetic index to quickly identify a DRG based on its diagnosis or procedure code.
- Surgical hierarchy table.Quickly find the DRG hierarchy for multiple procedure cases to help you assign the code that reflects the greatest resource utilization.
- Alphabetic and numeric indexes.Search for DRGs by the numeric codes or by code titles for fast look-up.
- Icons indicate which CC subclass the DRG belongs to based upon the presence or absence of CCs or major CCs (MCCs).
- Complete list of diagnoses considered CCs and MCCs.
- List of those Principal Diagnoses that are their own CC and their own MCC.
- Full titles for each MS-DRG.Selection of the correct DRG begins with knowing its accurate and complete description.