The 2017 DRG Expert has been a trusted and comprehensive reference to the DRG classification system for over 25 years. Organized by major diagnostic category (MDC), the convenient and innovative book layout follows the logical MS-DRG decision process. This is a must-have reference for those who need to verify DRG information and accurately assign MS-DRGs concurrently or retrospectively based on ICD-10-CM methodology, which goes into effect October 1, 2016.
Features and benefits
Our 2017 DRG Expert (ICD-10-CM) includes:
- 28,795 code changes in 178 DRG groups
- Assign 52 ICD-10-PCS endovascular thrombectomy codes of the lower limbs to MS-DRGs 270, 271, 272 Other Major Cardiovascular Procedures with MCC, with CC, without CC/MCC.
- Modify Grouper logic for MS-DRGs 242, 243, and 244 Permanent Cardiac Pacemaker Implant with MCC, with CC, without CC/MCC, MS-DRGs 258 – 259 Cardiac Pacemaker Device Replacement with MCC, without MCC and MS-DRGs 260 -262 Cardiac Pacemaker Revision Except Device Replacement with MCC, with CC, Without CC/MCC
- 58 new knee joint revision code combinations assigned to MS-DRGs
- 466 Revision of Hip or Knee Replacement with MCC
- 467 Revision of Hip or Knee Replacement with CC
- 468 Revision of Hip or Knee Replacement without CC/ MCC
- And many more changes
Plus, Other great features in Attached PDF