With the implementation of ICD-10 codes in October 2015, the 2017 DRG Desk Reference (ICD-10-CM) gives access to crucial information to improve MS-DRG assignment practices, gives guidance on how to accurately assign DRGs under the MS-DRG system, and focuses on the Optimizing section of the DRG Desk Reference based on ICD-9 codes. The 2017 DRG Desk Reference (ICD-10-CM) is designed to work hand-in-hand with 2017 DRG Expert and the 2017 Guide to Clinical Validation, Documentation and Coding, which is the clinical section from the 2017 DRG Desk Reference based on ICD-9 codes. This product is needed to answer all your DRG questions for all inpatient stays starting after October 1, 2016, as those claims will use the MS-DRG methodology based on ICD-10-CM.
Features and benefits
- Optum360 Edge —Optimizing tips.Know the major factors involved in moving a patient from a lower-paying MS-DRG to a higher one to receive optimal payment while staying in compliance.
- Optum360 Edge —Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) program resource.Understand the types of reviews, target strategies, and targeted and top-audited DRGs.
- Optum360 Edge —DRG history and overview.Includes an overview of the basic characteristics of the DRG classification system and development of the MS-DRG system, history, and relationship to the IPPS.
- Most commonly missed CC and MCC references.Perform accurate audits by knowing the most commonly missed CCs in the medical record.
- ICD-10-CM codes for common diagnoses and procedures.Quickly identify the key diagnosis or procedure by ICD-10-CM code.
- Complete CC and MCC list.Know how codes considered MCCs and CCs will affect DRG assignment—helping to legitimately improve reimbursement.
- Relative weights of every valid DRG.A quick reference of the relative weights of all DRGs presented as options for optimizing.