A compilation of definitions of common coding, billing, procedural, HIPAA, insurance and diagnostic words,phrases, terms, acronyms, eponyms, and abbreviations.
Our new coding and billing dictionary is specifically designed for medical coders, billing professionals, HIPAA compliance staff, and third party payers. Features simplied definitions of coding, billing, compliance, insurance, procedural and diagnostic words, terms, phrases, acronyms, eponyms and abbreviations.
The Dictionary of Coding and Billing Terminology includes:
- Introduction to terminology root words, prefixes and suffixes
- Anatomical illustrations with coding cross-references
- Definitions of surgical, diagnostic and medical services and procedures from the CPT® coding system
- Definitions of illnesses, injuries, signs, symptoms and conditions from the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems
- Definitions of equipment, supplies and injections from the HCPCS coding system
- Definitions of medical acronyms, eponyms and abbreviatons
- Definitions of HIPAA, insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and other regulatory terms
Our hard-cover dictionary is compact, thumb-indexed and designed for heavy use.