Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert, your CPT® coding resource. Equipped with the entire 2017 CPT® code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes for coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You’ll also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT® code books.
Features and benefits
- Optum360 Edge — Headings with detailed Optum360 subheadings.Locate CPT® codes quickly.
• Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the AMA, Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
• Optum360 Edge — Re-sequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s code “re-sequencing” at a glance with our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
• Optum360 Edge — Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a variety of ways.
• CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT® codes with corresponding CCI edits.
• Evaluation and Management appendix – Easy-to-use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate E&M code selection.
• New, Changed, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT® code descriptions, including code changes made mid-year by the AMA not found in the AMA’s CPT® code book.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant Newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
CPC Expert, Prof Edition