Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT® and HCPCS codes for general surgery and gastroenterology, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk, and complexity.
CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT® and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT®-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology, and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT® Professional Edition codebook, this is the only book in the market with verbatim CPT®-panel–approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to general surgery and gastroenterology.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided in a full procedural codebook.
General surgery and gastroenterology coding and billing knowledge available in a single volume, conveniently superseding the need for multiple resources or years of experience.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• A subset of specialty-specific CPT® codes chosen by experts based on utilization, denial risk and complexity
• Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
• Official code-specific CPT® parenthetical instructions
• Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT® code
• CPT® Assistant citations
• Procedural illustrations
• Crosswalks from CPT® to ICD-10-CM
• National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
• CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
• Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice, malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
• Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT® modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
• Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines