The Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for physical therapy. Co-produced with the American Physical Therapy Association,this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2019 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
- New—Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of therapy services.
- Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes related to your specialty.
- CPT® Assistant Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been inthe American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
- CCI edits. Includes section with CCI Edits for CPT®and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges.Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facilityfor CPT codes are included.