The Coding and Payment Guide for Laboratory Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for lab and pathology. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2019 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common
ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
- New—Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of anatomy related to pathology and laboratory services.
- Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related your specialty.
- CPT® Assistant Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT®code has been inthe American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistantnewsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume. .
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, CPT® Assistant references, Medicare IOM references and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and modifier usage.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges.Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facilityservices and Medicare Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule references are included.
- CCI edits. Includes a section with CCI edits forCPT®and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.