The 2017 Coding and Payment Guide for Laboratory Services is your one-stop coding, billing, and documentation guide to submitting claims with greater precision and efficiency. This guide has the latest 2017 specialty-specific CPT® and HCPCS procedure, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets along with Medicare payer information, CCI edits, helpful code descriptions, and clinical definitions.
Features and benefits
- Optum360 Edge — Documentation and Reimbursement Tips. Find documentation and reimbursement information for procedures on the page for quick reference.
- Optum360 Edge — HCPCS Procedure Codes. Only Optum360 offers HCPCS procedure codes specific to your specialty with the same information as we provide for CPT codes.
- Avoid confusion with easy-to-understand descriptions. Includes clear explanations of procedures represented by CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes, along with clinical definitions and ICD-10-CM code explanations specific to laboratory and pathology services.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare Pub. 100 references containing information linked to HCPCS Level II and CPT® codes tailored to laboratory and pathology services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Improve the precision of ICD-10-CM code selection. Prevent claim denials often caused by incorrect code selection with icons that help identify the most appropriate ICD-10-CM code.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. National Medicare relative value units for surgery codes and most diagnostic procedures are included.
- CCI Edits by CPT® and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with associated CCI edits in a special section and quarterly updates available online.