The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2019 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
- New—Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental procedures and services.
- Code icons.Quickly identify new and revised procedure codes related to dental services.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges.Relative valueunits including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facilityservices are included.
CCI edits.Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT®and HCPCS procedure codes in aspecial section with quarterly updates available online.