The Coding and Payment Guide for Behavioral Health Services is your one-stop coding, billing, and documentation guide to submitting claims with greater precision and efficiency. This guide has the latest behavioral health-specific, 2018 CPT® and HCPCS procedure, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets along with Medicare payer information, CCI edits, helpful code descriptions, and clinical definitions.
Key Features and Benefits
- New — Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related to behavioral health.
- New — CPT® AssistantIdentifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Optum360 Edge — HCPCS procedure codes. Only Optum360 offers HCPCS procedure codes specific to your specialty with the same information as we provide for CPT® codes.
- Quickly find information.All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, CPT® Assistant references, and Medicare references.
- Avoid confusion with easy-to-understand descriptions. Includes clear lay explanations of procedures represented by CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare Pub. 100 references containing information linked to HCPCS Level II and CPT® codes tailored to behavioral health services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for procedures are included.
- CCI Edits by CPT® and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with associated CCI edits in a special section and quarterly updates available online.
Behavioral Health Services