The Coding and Payment Guide for Anesthesia/Pain Management Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for anesthesia and pain management. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2020 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
• Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related to your specialty, and now New for 2020, icon identifying ICD-10-CM codes that identify right, left, or bilateral options.
• Evaluation and Management Services. Evaluation and Management CPT® codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units. Also included is a chapter with coding guidelines and tables to assist you in the E/M code selection process.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy of pain management and anesthesia services.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
• CCI edits. Includes a section with CCI edits for CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.