CDT 2018 codes are mandatory for reporting dental procedures and services provided from January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018. Dental professionals must use HIPAA mandated CDT codes to report procedures and services on dental claims. There are significant changes in the CDT coding system for 2018; including new codes, revised codes and deleted codes. Accurate CDT coding puts you in control of the reimbursement process and reduces your audit liability.
Diagnostic Coding for Dental Services is Coming
Dental professionals need to prepare for the requirement of diagnostic coding for dental services. Diagnostic coding is already used in many university and large private dental practices that use Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Electronic Dental Records (EDR) systems.
The new 2012 ADA Dental Claim Form includes fields to record diagnosis codes.
CDT PLUS! 2018 includes:
- All official CDT 2018 codes and descriptions along with coding notes and coverage information.
- Comprehensive introduction to CDT coding including extensive glossary
- Comprehensive introduction to ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding for dental practices; including a complete listing of ICD-10-CM codes for dental and oral surgery procedures
- Complete instructions for the ADA Dental Claim form; including the new 2012 version.
- A comprehensive Alphabetic Index