The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, billing, and documentation guide to submitting claims with greater precision and efficiency. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this guide has the latest 2018 CDT, CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets along with Medicare regulatory information, CCI edits, helpful code descriptions, and clinical definitions.
Key Features and Benefits
- New — Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related to OMS.
- New — CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Optum360 Edge — HCPCS procedure codes. Only Optum360 offers HCPCS procedure codes specific to your specialty with the same information as we provide for CDT and CPT codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, CPT® Assistant references, and Medicare references.
- Avoid confusion with easy-to-understand descriptions. Includes clear lay explanations of procedures represented by CDT, CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare Pub. 100 references containing information linked to HCPCS Level II and CPT® codes tailored to OMS, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT codes are included.
- CCI edits by CPT® and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with associated CCI edits in a special section and quarterly updates available online.